Sunday, August 4, 2013

Art Auction Update

Hey there folks! As Samuel makes more and more progress each day, we're trying to follow his example, so I'm happy to update you all on our silent auction progress.

A few days ago I posted that we were planning on having a silent auction of your donated artwork to raise money for Samuel and his family. Over the past couple days I've received a lot of interest and some great ideas, so we've made a slight change to the plan; we'll now be having multiple auctions around the area.

The first auction will be on Saturday, August 17th in Albany at the Upstate Artists Guild, 247 Lark Street. (Thanks Rana!) Right now, we are also planning auctions for Troy, Saratoga, and potentially elsewhere, but we don't have details on those yet.

I think the best way to distribute the art over the course of the different events is to put it up largely in the order it is received, giving preference to the most local artists. That said, I'd obviously rather have too much artwork for the first show than not enough, so please try to get yours in ASAP. A tentative submission deadline for the first auction is Tuesday the 13th, but the earlier, the better.

Submissions should include (if applicable) the following information:
Artist, Title, Year, Medium, Size, Estimated $ Value, and $tarting Bid
We'd also love if you have business cards, post cards, websites, email addresses, etc. to display with your work.

It would be helpful if everyone could email me (iamportia@gmail.com) with a general description of the piece, especially format and size, so I can begin to get an idea of the numbers. Also, it would make things easier if all two-dimensional work was ready to hang.

For artists in this area, we can exchange info on how to drop stuff off or have it picked up. If you're out of town and need to mail your piece, I will email you back an address.

For all of you Bostonians, I plan on being in Boston this Friday for the SAMMYFEST benefit show (psyched on it!), so I'll be happy to pick up your items there. Again, email me so I know how much space I'll need.

<3 <3 <3 Thank you all sooooo much! I think we can make a big difference! <3 <3 <3




No comments:

Post a Comment