Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Update from Samuel's mom Jen 8/20/13:

Sammy update 8/20/13: Yesterday afternoon in PT, Samuel used the "standing frame". It's a chest-height table with a slow-hydraulic to assist him to standing. He stood at it for about 10 minutes, & used "thumbs up" to answer questions. I was facing him. I thought I'd cry when he gave thumbs up for "is the lady in front of you your Mom?" Today in PT he walked! He had 2 assistants, but he walked 20 feet! Also did a bit of sitting balance & standing. In Speech Therapy, he spoke! He said "no" when Cristina asked if he was laughing at her. I said, "holy crap!" Then all 3 of us laughed. All this success has worn him out. I took him outside for a quick walk & now he's resting until therapies resume @ 3pm. Sam is still considered to be in a coma, but functioning very well. I have high hopes for him - he amazes me everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting Sammy's progress. All our Love and Hugs. XO Tamara and Maleri(Customers from 4 Seasons)

    ReplyDelete