Friday, August 23, 2013

awesome update and info. on visiting : )

Sammy update 8/23/13 from  Samuels mother Jen: Samuel & I attended the "therapy dogs visit" @ Sunnyview last night, and we both enjoyed it. Sam had a great time petting all 3 of the lovely canines. He was totally engaged. Sam is able to answer yes/no by nodding or shaking his head. He can also say yes or no, but it takes alot of prompting. I try to go easy on him where speaking is concerned. Today in PT he walking 1 & 1/2... times of yesterday's distance! He's really pushing himself. I'm now trying to remind him not to overdo. Sam has been moved to a vegan-purée diet from tube feed! He's eating well & obviously tolerating food by mouth.
I spoke with Dr. Somaio today about visitors. He recommends that we hold off on friends visiting until after Labor Day. Sam is experiencing "post-traumatic amnesia", which is totally normal for someone in the end stage of a coma. It means that he doesn't remember one day from the next. Having friends visit could be counter-productive, & possibly detrimental. I hope you all understand. I have every faith in Dr. Somaio & Sunnyview. I hope everyone is well enjoying this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment